17 Apr 2013

Inspire Aspire - Vitamins for the Soul (Part 1)

Sometimes the universe has ways to create serendipitous moments online and if you are not quick off the mark to figure out the clues which are meant to enthuse your calling with the food for thought it deserves in order to stir you onto your right path in life, I wonder what will? Hey, this is a wake-up call because it just so happens that we live in the 21st century, bathed in technology and surrounded by phones that have gone smart and PCs that have morphed into PDAs and this means that in this day and age clues from the universe are as likely (if not more likely!) to be found via the media than in the nature surrounding us or while out and about minding our own business.

Rana Begum, from her 'Work on Paper - 2012'

Here's my proof to you.

Before I go digging deep into the subject, I will start off with a few pointers. It does help tremendously if you are open-minded and curious by nature, or at least if you willingly cultivate your sense of curiosity should the latter not be innate to you. And to help you cultivate that sense of curiosity, use social media as a facilitator. Turn the media to your advantage, and here's how. If you are a Facebook user, don't just limit your activities to idle chit-chats with friends. Go out of your way to 'like' pages by authors, bloggers, scientists, motivational speakers, personal development masters, etc. whom you are fond of/ interested in - and yes – curious about. Then push your explorative quest further by checking out the pages that they too 'like', and discover new authors, publishers, thinkers, etc. Stay tuned in and capitalise on the fact that the likes of Facebook and YouTube will cleverly list pages/ videos which are likely to be of interest to you, based on your personal preferences and your viewing/ search history, and soon enough you will be able to build up on your knowledge base.

Louise Hay and Nick Ortner

From social media, leap onto your authors websites and if you like the sound of things, join their mailing lists, and increase your inbox with value content. Keep it simple: what can I learn, what can they teach me, what is it they offer which can bring added value to my life, a new way of thinking, a positive approach, a vision?

Nothing beats a good word of mouth either, especially when it originates from a trusted source. Joanne Hall, my psychic friend, introduced me to Louise Hay in September of last year, and as much as I am ashamed to admit I had never heard of the great lady, an established institution of inspiration all to herself and founder of the highly-praised Hay Publishing House, Louise Hay was a great starting point for me, as she opened doors to a brand new world of interconnected authors and respected figures. You soon find out that the big wide world out there is actually quite small and compact at its core.

Now here's what happened to me a few days ago. My cascading lightbulb moments, strokes of inspirational genius and serendipitous moments started off with one of Louise Hay's weekly newsletters which, if I hadn't been curious about, might have ended up in the bin and with it the key to that snowball effect knowledge. The newsletter featured a forthcoming US event with a host of speakers joining in. I scanned the list, out of natural curiosity and a fascination for biographies. And then my eyes stopped on a younger lady from my age group who looked quite approachable in a girl-next-door kinda way, and this was Gabrielle Bernstein. I had never heard of her. I know it's bad but eh we all have to start off somewhere and the chance is I have heard of people in other areas of life that few of you know about, so it's kinda swings and roundabouts.

As always curiosity got the better off me and I went onto Gabrielle Bernstein's website and YouTube channel and stumbled across her latest video which I found really intriguing. It was about Nick Ortner's The Tapping Solution*, a book she had just devoured and was praising to the nines. She explained what the tapping was about (releasing blocked energies off certain acupressure points on the face, chest, underarm and hand, while saying positive affirmations). Now the name of Nick Ortner rang a bell somehow. Surely I had come across it via one of Louise Hay's newsletters, and so I started to investigate further. (to be continued)

Bonus * Get the first 2 chapters of Nick Ortner's The Tapping Solution eBook for free by entering your name and email address here. (Offer now closed).

No comments:

Post a Comment